Creating and maintaining your own positive energy is a journey that takes time, which is why it is extremely important to protect it! While communicating with people, we experience their energy which can have a good or bad effect on us.
Being around someone who exudes positive energy can be one of the best experiences ever! They are fun to be around, their positivity and happiness eventually rub off on you, which makes you want to be around them even more! Whilst being around someone who seems to have a lot of negative energy, can be very draining and can definitely affect your own mood. We have all been there when we encounter someone’s negative energy that shifts our mood completely.
“It is better to dwell on the beautiful things in life than the negative.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
- Stay focused on the positive! It is very easy to feed into the negative energy that is around you. To prevent yourself from feeding into it, focus on the positivity in your life and your surroundings. Take a moment to appreciate all of the good in your life and in the world around you!
- Create some boundaries! If the person is comfortable coming to you and unloading their negative energy it may be time to create some healthy boundaries in order to protect your own energy. It could be something as simple as removing yourself from being around that person for a period of time or limiting your time spent with that person when they are dwelling in their negative energy.
- Identify if the negative energy has something to do with you. This is especially helpful with close friends and family members. Simply asking the person is a healthy form of communication that will have one of two outcomes. If their negative energy is because of you, try to figure out what the problem is and work together to find a healthy solution. If their negative energy is not because of you then it’s best to give the person some time and space.
- Responding over reacting. It can be very easy to react in a negative way to someone who is rude, angry or upset. To protect yourself and remain positive, taking the time to respond will allow you to maintain composure and control your own emotions. Remaining in control and composed gives you the power to make a logical response rather than an emotional reaction.
- Remember your self-care! If you feel yourself slipping into the negative energy, keep on top of your self-care practices to shift yourself back into a good mood and positive mindset. This will help you to focus on yourself and also increase your self-awareness!
“Stay away from negative people.They have a problem for every solution.”― Albert Einstein
How your Inspire Spirit Planner can help you protect your energy?
With the Inspire Spirit Planner, you can keep track of your positive habits both monthly and weekly. Additionally, you can also use the Mood Mandala to keep track of your mood and emotions. Keeping track will allow you to ensure that whenever you find yourself around negative energy, you can implement the positive habits and check in on your current mood to protect yourself from negative energy!